sherif (previously known as JIBS*) is an important and useful means of feedback for end-users of the UK's networked resources. It encompasses users and librarians in research, HE and FE sectors. We are the shared electronic resources information forum.
sherif is independent of JISC, and its principal aims are:
- to stimulate and maintain interest in online services of interest to HE and FE either via JISC or from other independent sources
- to focus especially on matters of content
- to provide an effective and independent forum for discussion and information exchange between the users of content services (both FE and HE)
- to bring matters of concern to the attention of the data suppliers and the data service providers
- to collectively influence the development of JISC-supported online products and services
Details of joining sherif can be found on our membership page.
Minutes from our AGMS can be found on our AGM page.
Our constitution is available to download: PDF
Our Enhancement Group guidelines are available to download: PDF
*JIBS originated as the user group for 'JIsc (assisted) Bibliographic dataserviceS' but saw its remit as extending beyond bibliographic material to all electronic content of interest to HE and FE institutions.